When news of the passing of this great woman and actress spread around the world media, it seemed that everyone knew who she was. Her legend has grown up together with the Hollywood film traditions - Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Cleopatra, Cowgirl and what else not. For many years she has been both on the cover of glossy magazines and tabloids. Why not - always young, extravagant with eight marriages on her hands.
The posture and coquette of a lady, which she proudly kept until her last breath. In an interview at the age of 72 she declared that she can`t promise that she will not get married for the 9th time. I liked how film critic Normund Nauman had looked at the contribution and personality of Elizabeth Taylor (1932-2011) in newspaper "Diena".
I offer you some of those and some I found myself that spoke to me as a woman.
- Nothing that costs one dollar is worth getting.
- I've only slept with men I've been married to. How many women can make that claim?
- Boredom - the most humiliating death of love.
- You can be fat and you can be sexy. It all depends on how you see yourself - as a fatty or a sexy woman.
- It is strange that the years teach us patience. The shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting. Should be the other way around, shouldn`t it?
- Alcohol - the best pander in the world.
- There are two thing I know how to do - acting and cooking. Because in both acting and cooking there is only one rule - not to oversalt.
- To become a legend one must die first.
- You must take care of your figure and you know what helps me? A picture of Elizabeth Taylor attached to the fridge door.
- The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.
- You can be young without money. But you can't be old without it.